Notices and Disclaimers
- Authors/Publishers: we have made the best effort to fairly and accurately represent the content of your published article in our transformation into research-based design criteria and other content represented in the Research Summaries. We respectfully request that you contact us immediately if we have inadvertently made an error so that it may be corrected as soon as possible.
- Please see the University of Minnesota's Privacy Statement for information regarding use of information collected by this Web site and how it can be used.
- If you are having technical problems with our site, please notify InformeDesign at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KINDLY REVIEW THESE CONDITIONS BEFORE USING THIS WEB SITE. By using this site, you agree to the following understanding. If you do not agree, do not, under any circumstances, use the site.
- The Regents of the University of Minnesota ("UMN"), creator and owner of InformeDesign, makes no representation or warranty of any kind, including the warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, reliability, accuracy, non-infringement, and the like, in connection with (i) information provided directly or indirectly by UMN on or through UMN's InformeDesign Web site or (ii) third-party vendors' ("Vendors") products, services or content that appear on UMN's Web site, or which may appear on any site linked to UMN's Web site. UMN does not operate or control the Vendors, their products, services or content, and UMN is not an agent of such Vendors. All information contained on UMN's Web site is provided on an "as-is" basis. No information or advice obtained through UMN's Web site shall create any warranty or representation.
- You agree to indemnify UMN, and its employees and hold them harmless from any cost, claim, liability or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and related costs) arising out of or relating in any manner to your (i) violation of this Agreement or (ii) use of UMN's Web site.
- The content of the Research Summary relates only to that piece of literature and does not reflect information available outside/beyond that article, whether by that author or others.
- InformeDesign assumes the original refereed literature is solid, quality research. Any errors made by the author, editor, or publisher are theirs and InformeDesign shall be held harmless in such cases.
- No single Research Summary should be used as the basis for design work or other judgments or decisions by users of the Web site, but must be considered in the larger context of a full search of all available information within and beyond InformeDesign's Web site and the user's synthesis of that collective information.
- Users should be alerted to consider the date of publication of the Research Summary to determine the timeliness of the information, especially if study data were used.
- Any commentary or criticism placed on the Web site by others does not express the view of InformeDesign, but only those of the specific user of the Web site.
- Absence of an article from inclusion in the database is not a statement of the literature's quality; InformeDesign does not have time to review everything. Users are welcome to submit scholarly literature that they consider appropriate for review by InformeDesign's staff.
- Some of the Research Summaries as well as the Calendar of Events might reference specific products, sources, or services. InformeDesign is not recommending any of them.
- In all cases, these conditions shall be governed by and in accordance with policies prescribed by the Regents of the University of Minnesota (UMN).